Bioclear, Bonding, or Porcelain Veneers — Which Is Right for You?
Many adults consider a smile makeover from time to time, especially if they have stained or discolored teeth. But considering all of the choices can be confusing, which is often why adults like you put off reclaiming the smile they deserve. We’ve tried to make it a bit easier for you by breaking down the differences between three popular cosmetic dentistry services: Bioclear, bonding, and porcelain veneers.
We’re confident that after reading this article, you’ll have the information you need to make an informed decision and get on the path to a beautiful, brighter, and whiter smile.
Biolcear might be the cosmetic dental solution to your smile.
Is Bioclear right for me?
Bioclear is a popular choice for adults seeking a smile reconstruction. If you’ve never heard of Bioclear, we’re excited to tell you about all the great benefits it has to offer. In particular, Bioclear is an excellent option if you need to close spaces between your teeth or if you want to fill in those dark triangles between your teeth that tend to form with age or as the result of orthodontia or gum surgery.
Think of Bioclear as the perfect marriage between dental bonding and veneers. Bioclear is made of a unique composite material placed on your teeth through the application of thin mylar forms. This process creates a mold over your teeth, where the composite is injected. Once the composite cures, the new surface is polished and shaped to blend in with your smile.
As with any modern cosmetic dentistry service, there are advantages and disadvantages. So if you are wondering if Bioclear is right for you, consider the following.
Advantages of Bioclear
- At Davis Family Dental Care, we can complete your new smile in just one visit.
- We do not need to remove any enamel from your natural teeth.
- Your natural teeth will become stronger as a result of the Bioclear treatment.
- Your Bioclear veneers will last 10 to 15 years, as long as you practice good oral hygiene.
- Bioclear veneers are highly resistant to cracking, chipping, and staining.
- This cosmetic dentistry procedure is typically less expensive than more traditional porcelain veneers.
- Your Bioclear veneers can be custom-colored and designed to match the color of your natural teeth and your desired tooth shape.
- Different from porcelain veneers, your Bioclear veneers can be removed by your dentist without issue since they are not permanent.
Disadvantages of Bioclear
- Bioclear is not intended to replace missing teeth or fill significant gaps or spaces between your teeth.
- This procedure may not be able to address serious alignment issues.
What is dental bonding?
Dental bonding was created to repair chipped, cracked, or otherwise broken teeth. The term “bonding” comes from the composite resin that is placed where your tooth broke, making your tooth look new. Bonding can also help if you have discolored teeth, a tooth shorter than the rest, or gaps between your teeth.
This cosmetic dentistry procedure is often geared towards those who are relatively happy with their teeth but want subtle improvements. The process is quite similar to Bioclear but doesn’t last quite as long. Also, it tends to stain more easily.
Advantages of Dental Bonding
- Dental bonding is very affordable in comparison to other cosmetic dental solutions.
- No anesthesia is required and you’ll be perfectly comfortable during the procedure.
- No changes will be made to your natural tooth enamel.
- Dental bonding is not permanent and can be reversed with no complications, if desired.
- Your dental bonding treatment can take place in just one visit to the dentist.
Disadvantages of Dental Bonding
- Whereas Bioclear can last for 10 to 15 years, dental bonding typically lasts for only four to eight years.
- Dental bonds are prone to chipping and staining.
- This procedure is not as effective as other procedures you could choose for your smile makeover.
What are porcelain veneers?
Have you ever noticed the smiles on celebrities like Tom Cruise, Nicholas Cage, Miley Cyrus, or Celine Dion? You may not know it, but all of these famous people have something in common (besides their fame)—they all have dental veneers.
Designed to improve the appearance of your smile and cover chips, discoloration, or spaces on or between your teeth, porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that are bonded to your natural teeth. Your modern cosmetic dentist in Bedford, TX, will custom-fabricate your veneers throughout two procedures. Your teeth will be examined, impressions will be made, and then your teeth will be prepared for the veneers. At your second appointment, your veneers will be permanently secured in place.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
- Porcelain veneers can correct serious dental flaws as well as noticeable tooth- and bite-alignment issues.
- Less enamel needs to be removed with modern veneers compared to previous versions.
- Your new veneers will look lifelike and beautiful.
- Your dentist at Davis Family Dental Care can customize your veneers to your tooth shape, height, and desired color.
- Veneers typically last for 10 to 15 years or more before they need replacement.
- You can maintain your veneers with no required changes to your existing oral hygiene routine.
Disadvantages of Porcelain Veneers
- Unlike Bioclear that can be completed in one appointment, porcelain veneers take at least two dental appointments.
- Dental veneers are a permanent solution and will need to be replaced every 10 to 15 years.
- Some patients complain of sensitivity issues with their teeth and gums.
- Porcelain veneers are one of the more expensive cosmetic dentistry solutions.
Your dentist can help you determine if Bioclear, bonding, or porcelain veneers are right for you.
Even a decision that can have a positive impact on your smile is not one that should be taken lightly. A truly skilled cosmetic dentist such as Dr. Davis, Drennan, or Davis, can help you select the right dental service or combination of treatments that will most perfectly fit with your needs and desires. We want you to have the smile you have always dreamed of and we will leverage our expertise to help you accomplish just that.
When faced with a decision such as this, many patients choose Bioclear. Check out our smile gallery and scroll down to the Bioclear images to see why. So if you want to change the way people see you, boost your self-confidence, and experience the benefits of a smile makeover, now is the time to book an appointment with your modern cosmetic dentist. And if you live in or near Bedford, Texas, see why Davis Family Dental Care is the best dental choice for you. With our gentle care and family-friendly philosophy, you can let our amazing results speak for themselves.